"sometimes god puts you in situations you may not have deserved to show that your stronger than you think."

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Wed, Sept. 1, 2010

This morning we went to talk to the cancer doctor. He answered almost all my questions before i asked him. I really like him. Mom had an episode again when we entered the cancer care center. haha... I think, no I know she's taking this worse than I am. haha but that's mom for you. The doctor said we would probably start chemo in a week or 2. He said the chemotherapy was a combination of four medications. And one of them in that combo will not allow me to take high concentrated oxygen, so that means when i go to the dentist to get my wisdom teeth pulled their going to have and iv instead of the gas mask. And I won't ever be able to go scuba diving!!! I'm a little upset about that since that was on my list of things to do before i die, but i guess snorkeling will be just as good.
The doctor also told us today that that I would start loosing hair 1-2 weeks after we started the chemo, so i better get a wig soon! :p Oh and we can't call it a wig, its a cranial prosthesis. That was I can get a prescription written for it and i don't have to pay for it because those things are expensive! My boyfriends dad said his friend had lymphoma and never lost his hair, but people are different. But if I don't I'm still going to donate my hair to locks of love.
Oh ya, if you haven't heard I'm donating 10 inches of my hair to locks of love. I thought if it does fall out I'll let someone else use it rather than it go down the shower drain or in the trash.
If all my hair does fall out I'm not looking forward to short hair when it grows back. I HATE SHORT HAIR!!! but ya never know maybe it'll grow on me. (pun not intended.)

I would just like to thank everyone again for all your prayers and encouragement!
Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment